Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Abracadabra and Alligators

This past Friday my sweet guy Frankie graduated from Kindergarten. Can I just say, for the record, that I L.O.V.E. Kindergarten! It's been great to go through this year of making friends, discovering new things and learning the ropes of this school thing with him. The graduation ceremony was early because his amazing teacher Mrs. Dove was VERY pregnant with a history of early deliveries and did not want to miss the big event. It was a doozie! Not only had she orchestrated the most adorable musical presentation but she had delivered that baby 6 weeks early the week before and STILL showed up for the ceremony with a special and very personal gift for each of the kids! She is Superwoman! It makes my heart sing that she loves our kids so much.




The musical was totally hilarious! Frank's best buddy Jack was positioned in the middle of a row of 'wide mouth frogs' and literally right in front of the microphone. His crooning quickly drowned out the other 30 something kids much to the dismay of this mother. Watching her stifle giggles in utter embarrassment while her face turned several shades of red was almost as entertaining as 'The Jack Show' itself!


Frankie was the one and only Alligator in the performance and he was AWESOME! He wrangled the microphone from Jack (OK not really but his mom, Amanda and I joked that Frankie had to strong arm Jack out of the way for his shot at stardom) and he was in his groove - head boppin, sing-songin' and jaw snappin' his way through the show. I especially loved the parts where he snuck glances my way to make sure I was watching and gave me that killer smile when he saw that I, of course, couldn't take my eyes off that precious little gator for single second! Broadway here he comes!



After the performance Frankie received the 'Class Magician' award for his 'magical' ability to make friends that love to shower him with gifts. Apparently it was not uncommon for him to receive several treats and goodies during recess from friends whom adore him! I never gave much thought to him coming home with stories of all the treats he collected from his friends (chips, candy, trinkets) but as Mrs. Dove said, "He's such a lovable guy and a great friend to all, it's hard to resist his magical powers!"


Man do I love that boy. I'm so proud that he's such good student, quick learner, hard worker, excellent reader, willing helper and great friend.


Three cheers for Mrs. Dove who has been the most loving and creative Kindergarten teacher we could ask for! We're so bummed she's taking some well deserved time off next year to spend with baby Max and wont be at Smalley for Emmy's first year.  We love you to pieces Mrs. Dove!

No comments:

Post a Comment